Monday, 13 September 2010

Hunterian Museum

This morning P4/5 visited the Hunterian Museum at Glasgow University.




The pupils learned about the Roman Distance Stones that were placed on the Antonine Wall. We looked at some of the pictures and writing on the stones.




The class given lots of Roman artefacts and they had to work out what they were given.




The children used wax tablets to write on.



The class looked at some equipment that Roman Soldiers used.











We looked at what a Roman soldier wore and also tried some of his armour on.



















(ACfE, SOC 2-04a)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Hunterian Museum was great fun. We learnt a lot about the Romans.

Anonymous said...

I liked the Hunterian Museum !

Anonymous said...

Today we where at this place and I got to hold a sword and whare a helmet and hold a shield and it was fun

Anonymous said...

I Liked it so much

Anonymous said...

I had a grate time today at the hunterian museum

From Isabelle

Anonymous said...

The helmet felt really big!

Anonymous said...

Today was fun and my kind of thing.

Anonymous said...

We went to the Hunterian Museum. We had a lot of fun.

Daniel Milner-Smith

Anonymous said...

I had great fun at the Hunterian Museum. It was the best trip I've had this term.

Anonymous said...

I loved the museum it was so fun



Hannah burgess

Anonymous said...

We went to the Hunterian Museum. It was fun



Honour gilchrist

Anonymous said...

Today we went to the Hunterian museum and it was so cool by Danill

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of fun at the hunterian Museum

Anonymous said...

The hunterian museum was fun

Anonymous said...

I learnt lots of intresting things there.
By Emily